Friday, July 6, 2007

bad at keeping up on my blog...

so i´ve kinda sucked at keeping up on the blog this week. sorry if u´ve been checking it and didn´t find anything. i hope that everyone looked at my pics too.
i´ve been trying to not catch a cold this whole week, but i don´t think it´s working. my english teacher, lindsay, and 3 of the other volunteers in the area are all sick. yesterday was our 2 week mark of being in our assigned cities, and i think the climate has started to sink in to everyone´s bones. i didn´t go to school today. the cats (there are 3 that live outside of the house) all decided that it´d be fun to jump and crawl and pounce all freaking night long, right above my head. the roof´s really thin, so it sounds like they are bouncing on my bed. ugh. and i don´t feel so hot. yesterday in class, i felt like i had a fever all day. the kids were really rowdy because it was raining outside, and that didn´t help either. one of the teachers said that when it rains, the kids and the animals all lose their minds. it makes sense to me.
so i am basically sitting here, trying to kill time, before i go into santiago and spend the weekend with the volunteers there. they all don´t get done with school until around 4, so i should probably leave around 1. i was thinking that i might go early and look for some new shoes, since my boots and my chuck taylors have the thinnest soles ever. it´s like walking on concrete, which is why i alwys have 4 or 5 pairs of socks on, on top of 2 pairs of tights. i just don´t want to walk around the big city with my backpack full of clothes for the weekend.
ugh, i am exhausted. my english teacher has been "sick" all week with "head aches" but obviously, i think she´s full of it. lindsay went with her to viña last weekend, and florinda (the english teacher) bailed on her and treated her like she was the hugest burden ever. she´s a bitch. my host dad calls her "la bruja" and it´s hilarious because she rides around sant maria on her little bicycle and it totally reminds me of the evil witch in the wizard of oz. haha.
next week is the last week before i get 2 weeks of vacation. i´ve emailed clayton, the director of my area, 2x and asked if i could volunteer in maipu for a week, but he sucks at responding to emails in a timely fashion. oh well. if i don´t go to maipu for one of the weeks, i think i might travel with some of the other girls that have 2 weeks off, too. only the volunteers in maipu get 1 week off, everyone else gets 2 :)
alright, well i am going to go and finish packing up and get ready to take a bus to san felipe, then another bus to santiago, then walk around and stall til i have someone to hang out with. i miss u all and hope that everyone had a fun 4th. i watched chile and mexico play in the copa america, but neither team could score a point. if anyone needs to get ahold of me, the chile cell sucks internationally, but i always have my u.s. phone with me.
peace and chau
g

No comments: